STRONG CHALLENGE WEEK THREE: SERVE
Welcome to WEEK THREE of the STRONG Challenge!
We are designed to live as givers as well as takers. To look out for our friends and our neighbors.
If we are willing to prioritize the needs of others, to reach for our best things to give, and to carve out time and/or resources to SERVE, we discover the transformational rewards that come only from practicing heroic, generous love. The rewards are great, but the motivation to do nothing can be greater... Push through! Be STRONG!
Watch this week's video for guidance:
This week, along with your 20-minute fitness goals, open up a can of loving others. You will be transformed—this is how strong works.
30 ways to serve
1. Support the Racine Family YMCA’s #LETSGETHEALTHY annual campaign!
2. Buy lunch for someone
3. Send a gift certificate to someone who is unemployed or needs help
4. Contact the Racine Family YMCA about volunteering!
5. Deliver meals
6. Volunteer at a food pantry or other nonprofit
7. Mentor a youth
8. Fill a box of some good stuff and donate it
9. Buy school supplies for youth for the Y’s Virtual Learning Center
10. Pray for someone in need (and tell them)
11. Help someone find a job using your network
12. Pay for someone’s coffee
13. Write an inspiring article and share it on LinkedIn and Facebook
14. Get involved with social justice
16. Sponsor someone through a Racine Family YMCA scholarship
17. Donate blood
18. Do extra stuff around the house
19. Encourage five people on the STRONG Challenge Facebook group
20. Fill a box with food and take it to your local food pantry
21. Help build a house, contact our First Choice Pre-Apprenticeship Program
to see how you can help
22. Call a senior, check-in, and ask if they help
23. Clean a park (bring your own garbage bags)
24. Donate to an animal shelter or adopt a dog or cat
25. Do a virtual 5k for a good cause
26. Make a child’s wish come true
27. Donate to the Y’s Giving Tree next month to help Racine families
28. Help a neighbor with a household project
29. Donate food at Sealed Air to support families served by our Bray Y Branch
30. Say nice things on your zoom meetings this week
THERE'S STILL TIME TO SIGN UP FOR THIS FREE, SIX-WEEK CHALLENGE:
Keep moving 20 minutes a day and participating in physical fitness activities. Need more ideas on fitness activities? Try some of the Y's Virtual and Live workouts!
ZOOM FITNESS CLASSES THIS WEEK (use password “ymca.”
MAT PILATES https://zoom.us/j/95827169769 - Tue/Thu 7am
H.I.I.T. https://zoom.us/j/91092621165 - Tue 8:15am
YOGA https://zoom.us/j/94916110733 Mon/Wed 11am, Sun 12:30pm
CHAIR YOGA https://zoom.us/j/94471057493 Tue 11am
ZUMBA https://zoom.us/j/96473450483 Tue/Thu 6pm, Sat 9am
SILVERSNEAKERS https://zoom.us/j/91242976436 Mon/Wed/Fri 12pm, Tue 10am
IN-PERSON AT THE Y OR WITH 10 GROUP FITNESS CLASS PACKAGE
RACINE FAMILY YMCA MEMBERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES*
*CALL 262-634-1994 and mention our promo codes for these offers!
LISTEN TO OUR Y PODCAST SERIES, “Kickin’ It With Mr Q” to learn more about the Racine Family Y, the STRONG Challenge, current events in our community, and more!