STRONG CHALLENGE - WEEK ONE: GOALS
In our first week of the STRONG Challenge we begin to transform in Spirit, Mind and Body:
- 20 minutes per day, 5 days a week
- Experiment with challenges and rhythms designed to open us up to a strong, purpose-driven life
- Take the free Challenge, have some fun. There's still time to sign up! Join any time between now and December 13th
- Be eligible for a FREE, three-month Y membership in 2021 when you sign up to participate
- We’ll also asking everyone to support the Y and its programs for Racine kids and families in need
WEEK 1: GOALS
Nov 2-8, 2020
Your STRONG Challenge begins with setting fitness goals. Although we'll be encouraging you in other areas of your life, we want to start by focusing on physical health and wellness. Start by setting goals to achieve during the next six weeks (watch the video for guidance).
Remember, the STRONG Challenge is about making a transformation over six weeks. During the first week, we will focus on the foundation of a transformation through goal setting. To start, you will need to select something to do for 20 minutes, 5 times during the week.
In WEEK ONE, the important objective, or "thing you need to do," is begin to build a habit.
Whether you are at the "walk around the block" level or at the "run the next marathon" level, start where you are and we'll grow from there. Achieving goals will set the foundation for healthier habits for life.
WELL DONE! TAKING THIS FIRST STEP IS A DECLARATION AGAINST FAILURE AND FRUSTRATION.
WEEK ONE: STRONG Activities
Below are some ideas to get you off the couch and into a new and healthier life. This is how we’ll fight, how we’ll get strong, at home or on the go.
- Outdoor Bike – 20 minutes
- Hiking – find a trail
- ACTIVITIES YOU CHOOSE
AT HOME – FAMILY FRIENDLY
- Body Weight Circuit
- Push-up Challenge
- On-Demand Video Library - Any of our robust virtual workouts
- Family YouTube Fitness with Y360
- Family Fitness Scavenger Hunt
- ACTIVITIES YOU CHOOSE!
LIVE ZOOM CLASSES
Upcoming schedule for live Zoom classes with the YMCA:
- MAT PILATES https://zoom.us/j/95827169769 - Tuesday/Thursday 7am
- H.I.I.T https://zoom.us/j/91092621165 - Tuesday 8:15am
- YOGA https://zoom.us/j/94916110733 Monday/Wednesday 11:00am, Sunday at 12:30pm
- CHAIR YOGA https://zoom.us/j/94471057493 Tuesday 11:00am
- ZUMBA https://zoom.us/j/96473450483 Tuesday/Thursday 6:00pm, Saturday at 9:00am
- SILVERSNEAKERS https://zoom.us/j/91242976436 Monday/Wednesday/Friday 12:00pm, Tuesday 10:00am
IN-PERSON AT THE Y OR WITH 10 GROUP FITNESS CLASS PACKAGE
- Group Exercise Class – RESERVE ON MOTIONVIBE
RACINE FAMILY YMCA MEMBER ACTIVITIES
- Indoor Walking Track
- Fitness Center – 20 minute rotation
- Swim at the Y - RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
RACINE FAMILY YMCA MEMBERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES*
- 10 Group Fitness Classes for $50 – promo code #STRONG
- NO JOINING FEE FOR NEW MEMBERS, now through Dec. 31ST - promo code #LETSGETHEALTHY
*CALL 262-634-1994 and mention our promo codes for these offers!
Listen to our Y podcast series, “Kickin’ It With Mr Q” to learn more about the Racine Family Y, the STRONG Challenge (Ep. 2), current events in our community, and more!