SATURDAY, JUNE 17, 2023
Interested in signing up for our 45th Lighthouse Run? Please contact Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration opens soon!
Thank you to all the participants of this year’s Lighthouse Run on Saturday, June 25th, and to the many volunteers, sponsors, staff and municipalities who made the 44th running of this historic community event possible. Congratulations to this year’s top finishers, Craig Hundley and Rhyanna James (10 Mile) and to Racine natives Johnny Binzak and Amanda Johnson, who won the 4-mile championships. Congratulations also to Cory Sebastian, race chair, Vice President of the Racine Family YMCA Board of Directors, and member of the Milwaukee Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Class of 2022, for an exciting and successful event. Lighthouse Run proceeds provide youth academic and leadership development and family strengthening programs to our community. Thank you to all who make Racine an even stronger community through your support! Medals will be available for pickup at the Mount Pleasant YMCA branch (8501 Campus Dr., Mount Pleasant) beginning Tuesday, June 28th. Thank you to this year’s sponsors: Ascension (Medical sponsor), Educators Credit Union, Modine Manufacturing, Sebastian’s Fine Food & Dining, Image Management, Landmark Credit Union (Kid Zone & Water Stop sponsor, Fortune & McGillis, Katt Construction, Retail Fixture, Twin Disc (Race Bib sponsor), US Cellular (Fruit & Ice Finish Line sponsor); Fastsigns and the Racine Journal Times (media partner). Event partners: Downtown Racine Corporation, Focus on Community, Racine Megacycle Club, Racine Zoo and Wings of Fire Consulting. Special thanks to Mayor Cory Mason, the City of Racine, Racine Police Department, Racine County Sheriff Department, Racine Fire Department, Racine Dept. of Public Works, City of Racine Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Department, Racine County, Village of Caledonia and the Village of Wind Point. Race management provided by Race Day Events.
Now completing its 44th year, the Racine Family YMCA’s Lighthouse Run is one of Wisconsin’s premier annual road run/walks, offering competitive and non-competitive events. The acclaimed race and family event features the 10-Mile and 4-Mile Competitive Runs, 2-Mile Fun Run/Walk, Kids Power Race and Mascot Challenge. The traditional course starts at 725 Lake Avenue and finishes at 5th & Main at Monument Square.
- Participants can choose from four routes: 2-Mile or 4-Mile Fun Runs, 4-Mile or 10-Mile Competitive Runs, Teams and Individual Runs
- Awards are given to the top four males and females in the 13 age groups in the 4-Mile and 10-Mile Runs
- The day is also filled with fun, healthy activities for the entire family, including the annual Kids Race, Mascot Challenge Race and Healthy Living Market!
- Performance Wear T-Shirt
- Commemorative Race Bib
- Commemorative Finishers Medal
- Complimentary Beverages
- VIP Post-Race bracelet for a variety of free drinks, food and activities in Racine!
RACE ROUTE MAPS:
(CLICK ON IMAGES FOR SCALABLE MAPS)
Proceeds from participation in the Lighthouse Run support the Racine Family YMCA's STRONG COMMUNITIES CAMPAIGN that transforms the lives of Racine youth and families:
PROGRAMS THAT SERVE 1,000+ AT-RISK KIDS AND TEENS EACH YEAR
- After school and summer initiatives that provide academic support and character development activities to improve grades, outlook and reduce summer learning loss
- Mentorship for youth involved in or at high risk for involvement in the juvenile justice system to provide hope and the path to successful futures
- Instruction that inspires healthy life choices
FAMILY STRENGTHENING PROGRAMS & SERVICES THAT ANNUALLY SERVE 800+ CHILDREN, TEENS AND ADULTS
- Free, nutritious meals for families in need
- Instruction in healthy food choices and meal preparation
- Reconnecting non-custodial fathers with their children through parenting classes and job readiness training
- Case-managed family engagement to provide resources and emotional wellness counseling with certified therapists for children, families and individuals
- Workforce development and job placement assistance to lift families out of poverty
INITIATIVES FOR THOSE WITH PHYSICAL CHALLENGES OR PRE-CONDITIONS, SERVING 265+ INDIVIDUALS EACH YEAR
- LIVESTRONG program for cancer survivors and warriors
- Exercise programs for individuals with Parkinson's
- Diabetes prevention
- Managing and monitoring blood pressure
We value our relationship with you and will serve as good stewards of your generous support. We are committed to delivering valuable benefits and a positive partnership experience. Potential promotional opportunities vary from 10,000 to 100,000 impressions for one year, depending upon type and level of sponsorship.
Thank you for being part of Lighthouse Run and helping to build a stronger Racine. See you in June 2023!