COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES as of August 15, 2020
We are excited to see you back at the Racine Family YMCA. We have opened in phases to keep our members and staff safe and protected while using our facilities. Thank you for #Staying With Us and #Caring With Us during the closure.
The following protocols will be in place at the Y's wellness facilities at the Sealed Air and Riverside Branches. Please note that these protocols are subject to change based on new guidelines from the CDC and Racine Health Department.
CURRENT BUILDING HOURS
Sealed Air Branch
Mon-Thu 5:00 am-7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am-12:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am-11:00 am
Mon-Fri 5:00 am-8:00 pm
Sat-Sun 6:00 am-2:00 pm
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Limited lockers are currently available. Showers are available. Please wear your workout clothes and bring necessities only (leave personal belongings at home).
- Please bring your own workout towel and water bottle.
- Consider bringing your own workout mat.
Wisconsin's state Mask Mandate order is in place and masks are required for all indoor activities except swimming. (Read the mandate here: https://evers.wi.gov/Documents/COVID19/EmO01-FaceCoverings.pdf)
ONSITE SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Single Entry/Exit: The Sealed Air Branch will have one (1) entry point and (3) exit points. The Riverside Branch will have (1) entry point and one (1) exit point.
- Self-Scan: Members are asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
- Social Distance: All open interior areas are rearranged to ensure social distancing. Signage has been prominently placed to ensure awareness of this requirement.
- Member-Only Access: Racine Y members are allowed access at this time. No guests or Nationwide members will be accepted.
- Locker Rooms: are available at this time for changing or showering.
- Age Restrictions: Members under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times, except in Child Watch-Prime Time.
- Cleaning Protocol: Strict cleaning protocols are in place to ensure safety and cleanliness.
Unavailable Services: MGR, Gymnasium, Indoor Track, Steam Room, Coffee and Towel Services and vending machines. Other areas may be closed to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO HELP MAINTAIN SAFETY TO HELP US STAY OPEN
- Stay Home if Sick: Members are asked to stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Keep Children at Home: Child Watch and PrimeTime service are currently unavailable. Members are asked to not bring children or non-Y family members. Common area seating is unavailable.
- Bring a Towel, Mask and Water Bottle: Towel services are currently unavailable. Members are asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel. Masks are strongly encouraged in common areas of the building.
- Maintain Distance: Exercise on designated equipment only and maintain social distance. Maintain at least six feet of distance from others.
- Wash hands: Wash hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
- Expect Reduced Capacity: Wellness areas will have a limited capacity at this time to ensure social distancing. Online reservations will be required
- Expect Time Limits: Time limits during peak hours may require time limits on machines and equipment to accommodate all members.
- Equipment Wipe-Down Before and After Use: Members are asked to wipe down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use. Cleaning materials will be provided.
CLASS SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Maximum Capacities: Will be set depending on studio sizes and space needed.
- Equipment Location: Group fitness classes have been moved to larger areas.
- Social Distancing: Staff and members will practice safe social distancing in all classes.
- Online Reservations: Reservations can be made on our MotionVibe site at https://ymcaracine.motionvibe.com.
- Reservations are required for Lap Swim, Adult Swim, Family Swim, Current Channel, Group Fitness. To make a reservation, create an account on ymcaracine.motionvibe.com.
- Pool reservations are available 2 days in advance and group fitness 7 days in advance.
If assistance is needed, please call our Welcome Desk at 262-634-1994.
VIRTUAL AND LIVE WORKOUTS
The Y will continue to offer virtual programming, including these options:
- Facebook and Zoom Live: The Y will stream selected classes.
- Virtual Videos: The Y will continue to offer Virtual Videos for our members. Visit our website or MotionVibe, https://ymcaracine.motionvibe.com.
LIFE MANAGEMENT CENTER
- Social Distance: All equipment has been socially distanced.
- Cardio Equipment: Available and spaced 6 feet apart.
- Strength Area Capacity: 14 per circuit and free weight area.
- Child Watch and Prime Time are open. Advanced Reservations are required, if no reservations by noon the prior day, the areas will be closed. Reservations are open @ 6:00am 7 days in advance and can be made at ymcaracine.motionvibe.com.
Questions: If you have questions about safety protocols or your membership, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-634-1994.
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 SAFETY RESOURCES
Central Racine County Health Department: https://crchd.com/covid-19
City of Racine Health Department: https://www.cityofracine.org/health/
Racine Public Health Department: https://www.cityofracine.org/Health/
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION DURING THIS TIME.