PHASE 1 COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES
AS OF MAY 26, 2020: WHAT TO EXPECT OVER THE NEXT 30 DAYS
We are excited to welcome you back to your Racine Family YMCA on May 26. The Y is reopening in phases to keep members and staff safe and protected while using our facilities. Thank you for #Staying With Us and #Caring With Us during the closure.
The following protocols will be in place at the Racine Family YMCA wellness facilities at the Sealed Air and Riverside Branches. Please note that these protocols are subject to change based on new guidelines from the CDC and Racine Health Department.
New Phase I building hours as of May 26, 2020
Sealed Air Branch
Mon-Fri 5:00 am-8:00 pm
Sat-Sun 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Mon-Fri 5:00 am-8:00 pm
Sat-Sun 6:00 am-2:00 pm
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Lockers are currently unavailable for changing or showering. Please wear your workout clothes and bring necessities only (leave personal belongings at home).
- Please bring your own workout towel and water bottle.
- Consider bringing your own workout mat.
- Masks are strongly encouraged in common areas of the building.
ONSITE SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Single Entry/Exit: The Sealed Air Branch will have one (1) entry point and (3) exit points. The Riverside Branch will have (1) entry point and one (1) exit point.
- Self-Scan: Members are asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
- Social Distance: All open interior areas are rearranged to ensure social distancing. Signage has been prominently placed to ensure awareness of this requirement.
- Member-Only Access: Racine Y members are allowed access at this time. No guests or Nationwide members will be accepted.
- Locker Rooms: Unavailable at this time for changing or showering. Family Locker Room will be available for restrooms only.
- Age Restrictions: Members ages 11 and under are not allowed. Members ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Cleaning Protocol: Strict cleaning protocols are in place to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Unavailable Services: MGR, Gymnasium, Indoor Track, Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms, Steam Room, Whirlpool, Coffee and Towel Services and vending machines. Other areas may be closed to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO HELP MAINTAIN SAFETY
- Stay Home if Sick: Members are asked to stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Keep Children at Home: Child Watch and PrimeTime service are currently unavailable. Members are asked to not bring children or non-Y family members. Common area seating is unavailable.
- Bring a Towel, Mask and Water Bottle: Towel services are currently unavailable. Members are asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel. Masks are strongly encouraged in common areas of the building.
- Maintain Distance: Exercise on designated equipment only and maintain social distance. Maintain at least six feet of distance from others.
- Wash hands: Wash hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: Wellness areas will have a limited capacity at this time to ensure social distancing. Online reservations will be required.
- Expect Time Limits: Time limits during peak hours may require time limits on machines and equipment to accommodate all members.
- Equipment Wipe-Down Before and After Use. Members are asked to wipe down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use. Cleaning materials will be provided.
CLASS SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Maximum Capacities: Will be set depending on studio sizes and space needed.
- Equipment Location: Group fitness classes have been moved to larger areas.
- Social Distancing: Staff and members will practice safe social distancing in all classes.
- Online Reservations: Required prior to coming to class. Online reservations will be required 24 hours in advance.
- Week 1: Open for lap swim only.
- Maximum: One swimmer per lane, reservations are required 24 hours in advance.
- Maximum: 60 minutes per member.
- Group Exercise: Classes begin when the Y opens on May 26.
- Classes Added: New classes to be added each week and schedules posted weekly.
VIRTUAL AND LIVE WORKOUTS
The Y will continue to offer virtual programming, including these options:
- Facebook and Zoom Live: The Y will stream selected classes.
- Virtual Videos: The Y will continue to offer Virtual Videos on our website.
- Social Distance: All equipment has been socially distanced
- Cardio Equipment: Available and spaced 6 feet apart
- Strength Area Capacity: 14 per circuit and free weight area
- Online reservations: Required 24 hours in advance and available in 30 minute increments, maximum two sessions per visit.
Questions: If you have questions about safety protocols or your membership, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-634-1994.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION DURING THIS TIME.